The INGO Forum is governed by a core membership of over 31 members (and 5 observers), an elected Executive Committee that works alongside a Secretariat to fulfill the function of the Forum.
- Action Against Hunger (ACF)
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Christian Aid (CA)
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- EHealth Africa
- FHI 360
- Center for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD Center)
- International Alert
- International Medical Corps (IMC)
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Mercy Corps (MC)
- Medecins du Monde or Doctors of the World (MDM)
- Mines Advocacy Group (MAG)
- Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Plan International
- Premiere Urgence International (PUI)
- Save the Children (SCI)
- Search for Common Ground
- Secours Islamique France
- Street Child
- Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
- MSF France
- MSF Holland
- MSF Spain
- MSF Swiss
All international non-governmental organisations (INGOs), i.e. non-governmental organisations that are international in scope and have outposts around the world, meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply for Membership:
- a) The organization is a non-governmental, not-for-profit, non-partisan, non-political and non-proselytising organisation;
- b) The organization has a permanent presence and is actively working in Nigeria in the humanitarian and/or development field. If the NGO has a full-time presence in Nigeria but not in Abuja, this will be noted to facilitate proxy member voting;
- c) The organization is legally eligible to work in Nigeria or in the process of obtaining such legal right;
- d) The organization is endorsed by a Forum Member.
The Forum is composed of full members and observer members.
Application for Admission
Prospective members must submit a written application in the most recent version of the standard INGO Forum Registration form, which can be obtained from the Forum Coordinator. All required documents must be provided with the application form. The application will be vetted by the Forum Coordinator to ensure that it is properly and fully completed and that the INGO Forum membership criteria are met.
Qualifying applications will be brought forward to the Executive Committee for review. New membership will require to be approved by a unanimous vote of the Executive Committee. Thereafter, member organizations will be given 3 business days to object via anonymous email to the Forum Coordinator. In the event an objection is registered or the Executive Committee vote in not unanimous, the acceptance of the new member will be brought to vote at the next Directors meeting requiring a two-thirds (2/3) majority of members (as per Level 3 Decision-Making Procedure below). The decision of acceptance or rejection will be communicated in writing to the applicant organisation by the Forum Coordinator.